TD5x User Interface
This page covers miscellaneous TD 5.x User Interface tips & tricks.
RACON.SQLWindows.UserInterface - UI enhancement library
With Team Developer 5.1, Unify introduced the new user interface drawing engine Prof-UIS which provides a nice way to support multiple themes and introduces some very useful new controls.
Some of them already got introduced into Team Developer.
As some of the controls completely, and some features of existing controls are missing, I decided to implement this module. This gives the possibility to developers, to use the features before Team Developer has them.
You can see a screenshot of the sample application here:
Heres a list of available controls:
- Button (UIButton)
- Combo Box (UIComboBox) (just a try)
- Datafield (UIEdit)
- Group Box (UIGroupBox)
- Background Text (UILabel)
- Message Box (UIMessage) (first implementation, to be enhanced)
- Tab Bar (UITabBar) (classes for handling still missing)
- Page Navigator (UIPageNavigator) (preview)
- Paint Manager (UIPaintManager) (just a try)
- Property Grid (UIPropertyGrid) (preview)
- Theme Switcher Bar (first implementation, to be enhanced)
- Window Tools (UIWindowTools) (may be enhanced)
- Fix of a missing calling convention specification.
- New functions for controling labels (Background Texts).
- New (simple) support for adding a Theme Switcher Bar
- New support for themed message boxes
- Splitting into multiple APLs, each for one control.
- Renaming the functions to UISal...
- Enhanced sample application using M!Image
- Preview of Page Navigator control
- Preview of Property Grid control
- Creation of the module with it's basic functionality.
- This version is built with Team Developer 5.1 SP 5. Using any other version of Team Developer may break the functionality of this module.
This library is meant to be an enhancement to Team Developer until the features are available there.
After all of the features are - hopefully - available through Sal-functions, this module will go away.
PLEASE NOTE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS INSIDE THE MODULE ARE FULLY EXPERIMENTAL AND CURRENTLY ONLY TESTED AGAINST TEAM DEVELOPER 5.1 SERVICE PACK 5 AND 6. YOU MAY USE IT IN YOU APPLICATIONS FOR FREE, BUT EXTENSIVE TESTING IN YOUR ENVIRONMENT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!!
You can get the file here: RACON.SQLWindows.UserInterface 1.0